Lockdown has left most of us all feeling a little sluggish and a little fragile mentally. PT and fitness professional, Sean Dawson joins, me for a chat on all things fitness and exercise and how it can make us feel brilliant not just physically – but mentally too. We chat exercise during pregnancy, post natal exercise (Sean has specific training and qualifications in this area) and he shares his thoughts on how busy mums and dads can fit exercise around their daily lives.
This is certainly not a ‘bikini body’ or ‘snap back into your pre-birth body’ style podcast. There’s no quick fix tips – but instead, lots of sound, sensible and easy-to-follow advice, on how you can enjoy moving more as a family. From daily walks to fun games to get the kids moving more and sleeping better. Sean shares his qualified advice for those wanting to know more about sensible solutions to improving physical and mental health.
Sean has a wealth of experience and qualifications including:
• Bachelor of Science in Sport (Health & Fitness) with Honours from University of Bath
• BTEC National Diploma in Sports & Exercise Science
• YMCA Level 3 Award in Adapting Exercise for Ante Natal and Post Natal Clients
• CYQ Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training
• CYQ Level 3 Certificate in Nutrition & Weight Management
• CYQ Level 3 Certificate in Client Lifestyle and Fitness Assessment
• Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing
• Level 2 Certificate in Exercise & Fitness Knowledge
• Level 2 Award in Instructing Kettlebells
• Qualified Keiser M3 Indoor Cycling Instructor
You can listen to the podcast online below, or on itunes.
For daily parenting tips and simple solutions, follow Fi on social media below.